Monday, November 15, 2010

Wood Vinegar; Food and Pest Control

A friend of my wifes (in the Ag department of her school) gave her a bottle of wood vinegar to use on my C. chinense. I just started using it yesterday as an insecticide and foliar feed @ 1:100 dilution ratio (wood vinegar to water). 
I'm still having soil issues which don't show up until about 3 months after planting. This is true for both my potted plants and the plants in the ground. In one of the links I found (it's at the bottom of this thread), it talks about chili plants and Nematodes. This may be a problem here; so, today I mixed a 1:100 ratio (wood vinegar to water) and watered 4 of my worst plants; soaking the entire root zone to see if it will help.  
Wood vinegar can also be used as a pre-treatment for Nematodes 10 days before planting by treating the planting hole and dirt. This is @ 1:50 dilution ratio (wood vinegar to water).Here's the link;
http://cukayu.blogspot.com/2008/09/typical-consumption-and-dilution.html

I will update this post as time goes on; this is a new product for me and hopefully will see some good results.
Update 17.11.10: 
I treated all 3 raised beds this morning. It's apparent all of my C. chinense and 3 of 7 annums (Jalapenos) are suffering the same problems. I applied @ 1:100 dilution at the rate of 1+ liters/square meter.

No comments:

Post a Comment