Thursday, September 9, 2010

Today's Harvest...

Actually it's 2 days worth of harvest and probably a few more later this afternoon. Heat and flavor have proven to be as expected. I gave a couple of orange Habaneros to a Thai couple who had done some work for us. This was 4 days ago and I saw the wife today and asked her if they had eaten them. I got a good laugh from her answer and facial expression; "phet mak mak, tao wah, arroi!"
Here's some pics; click the image to see a bigger version;


3 reds and 6 orange Habaneros. They're going into a Habanero, garlic sauce. I'll post the recipe when I know what is is for sure. Cheers.

Update: Here's the recipe;

3 red Habaneros
6 orange Habaneros
8 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp. vinegar
1 tbsp. water
1 tbsp. raw sugar
1/2 tsp. salt

Combine all ingredients in a food processor (blenders don't work well with so little liquid) and pulse until everything reduces to a paste and then run steady until you get the texture you want. I prefer some body so I don't completely liquefy the mixture. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment