Saturday, October 29, 2011

Calcium, Magnesium, & Bone Meal...

I have never understood why bone meal is nowhere to be found here in LOS. Drove many kilometers yesterday in search of either bone meal and/or a calcium supplement.
The biggest fertilizer store I've found is 20 kilometers from home and when I asked about bone meal; mai me (don't have). Then I asked about calcium supplement; mai me again.
Upon further inquiry and questions they finally came up with a big jar of some kind of foliar chemical powder.
Persistence paid off this time; they had what I wanted but didn't even realize it because Thais don't question the way we westerners are prone to do. It's just too common a growing adjunct not to have in a huge shop like this.
The second largest ingredient was calcium oxide preceded by magnesium and followed by potassium.
Bingo! It also has copper, zinc, boron, molybdenum, and iron.
Yes, I have the Bison organic fertilizer w/bone meal, but I can't find it anywhere, so when I run out (which will be soon) I have nothing else to substitute; now I do and enough to last for a year or more.
The pods are still dropping but I expect next week this will stop as there is nothing else to cause problems at this time.
Another thing that is different this time around is the leaves; they are flat and healthy looking, unlike last year with them all curled up. Now that's headway IME.
Cheers; the adventure continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment