Sunday, August 7, 2011

Chitosan; a soil treatment based on seafood waste...

I applied the first treatment of Chitosan today (Sunday the 7th here) to one chocolate Habanero (a very sick plant) and the 4 Costa Rican Red Habanero plants (they are healthy so far).
The reason I delayed is because we are in the rainy season here and it's been pretty wet the last 2 weeks. Finally got a 3 day break, so applied it @ about 1 liter of dilute mixture per plant. I used 10ml Chitosan to 5 liters of water.
I'm hoping this will break the cycle of my plants demise after a year of growing.

Chitosan is supposed to be very effective in eliminating bad soil bacteria as well as the bad nematodes while leaving the healthy stuff alone. A simple google search will bring up loads of data on Chitosan, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment