Saturday, August 13, 2011

Chitosan; second treatment...

...today, Sunday the 14th. (Even though the blog is dated, I'm on the other side of the date line, thus the different dates depending on the time I post) The rain has been spotty at best so today I applied roughly 2 - 3 liters of the diluted mixture (10ml/5+ liters of water) per plant in the garden.
The 4 Costa Rican Red Habaneros are doing extremely well so far. One plant has the biggest Habanero I've ever seen with my own eyes; it's over 4 cm. in diameter. I will post a pic of it soon. All of them are podding up with very little flower drop.
My sick chocolate Habanero is not worse; that's the best I can say at the moment and it got a dose of Chitosan also (2nd for it also).
So, it's actually only been a week and I'm hoping to see definite results in the next week or so.
I have 6 more orange Habanero plants in thumb pots which will go in the ground sometime this week if they harden up enough so the birds don't eat the tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment