Saturday, January 15, 2011

Soil, Mine; the continuing saga...

Well, the blisters are almost gone and the "soil project" moves forward. Wednesday the 19th Ajarn Oot will come over and shepherd me through using an auger (1-1/2" dia.) to bore many holes in the garden area. We will then fill the holes with water which should then flood the sub-straight, thereby softening the soil. At least in theory.
Frankly, the few square meters I've dug up already are the most difficult (translate=hard) soil I've ever worked and I'll take all the help I can get.
More later. Cheers.

8 comments:

  1. Where have the jalapenos gone, Verne?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous; I lost 4 of 7 plants and the 3 remaining plants are recovering. I'll update this site soon...it's been a long slog and never without problems. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sri, things seem to be stable at the moment. I haven't posted because there is nothing much to say. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i guess u got a garden with holes all over by now.. so how's it coming ? any progress ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. No, not holes (to easy to step in), but a number of blank spaces. I think I'm going to order more seeds and try again. I just love Habaneros and Jalapenos. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice look, compliments for your organization. Greetings
    Domenico

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Domenico; I just wish I didn't have to plant the whole crop again. I was hoping for ever-bearing plants here in the tropics. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete