Sunday, April 25, 2010

One foot in Hydroponics and one foot in the dirt...

I went ahead and purchased the hydroponic system; Ajarn Phathra made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Next Sunday I'll take delivery of a Hydroponic Grow House. Once that is secure I'll start up the system.

In the meantime; I'm continuing dirt farming with 4 Costa Rica Red Habaneros doing very well and 3 Orange Habaneros not doing so well. I think 48 days of 37c with the last 3 being 38c, 39c, and 39c haven't helped.
I transplanted the mature Costa Rica into the ground 10 days ago. I tried to save the 25 peppers on it but it was just too much for the plant. I cut off all of the fruit and pruned back some of the branches.
There is new leaf growth and it looks normal. The plant is coming out of shock; it's taken a bit longer than I had hoped for.

I will include pictures on my next post later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment